Success.

source
 To me, success is working hard to achieve your goals, being happy with the decisions you've made, and knowing that your mistakes aren't that bad. If you mess up, you own it and learn from it. I think I've been a little successful with tennis because even though I've put in a lot of effort into it, it's difficult for me to learn from my mistakes. When I mess up, I get really down and I get mad at myself, and because I focus on the negative, I struggle to correct my mess ups. But this year I'm doing a lot better with correcting myself, so I'm on my way to success.
source

  I think failure is not doing what you want to do and giving up easily. You have to work hard to get what you want, and at times it seems like you'll never make it, but you have to push through and try over and over again to achieve your goals. I've failed tests and I've failed to take care of my responsibilities, but I don't let those mistakes define me.
   Personally, when I succeed at something, I feel like I'm on top of the world. I get so happy and excited; it's just an amazing feeling. Most of the time failure doesn't motivate me if I mess up repeatedly. It clouds my mind and I'm unable to think straight until I take a minute to calm down. Sometimes I'm able to forget about it right away and correct myself, and that's a good feeling too. 
   For my genius hour, I don't really feel like I've succeeded in anything. I've watched at least 25 movies since I've switched blogs, yet I've only done about nine reviews. Also, I haven't really learned anything. I just really enjoy watching movies and it's hard for me to write about because, well, I'm not really a writer. To be successful in this, I must finish all of my drafts, write more detailed reviews, and stop using unprofessional words in my posts. I will do a lot better with this, it'll just take some time.

Related Posts

1 comments

I like that you are learning to connect corrections as a way to do better. Those are valuable learning opportunities, Melody!

Balas