Les Misérables (2012)

 I love musicals a lot, so I was kind of excited to watch this movie. I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, but I've also heard a lot of bad things, and I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I liked many parts, but I also disliked many others. I'll make a quick list.
Pros:

  • Anne Hathaway has a beautiful voice and sung extremely well.
  • Eddie Redmayne was so damn amazing in this. He has the voice of an angel, he doesn't lack depth at all, and I like looking at him.
  • The scenery, costumes and makeup make this seem real. It shows beautiful landscapes and the grime and grit of poverty in France, and it allows the audience to immerse into the story. 
  • Colm Wilkinsonn played a minor character, but he is fantastic. He's one of my favorite characters.
Cons:
  • EVERYONE THAT I LIKED DIED.
  • I totally forgot what the revolution was about so yeah, it's a con.
  • Ohhhh, you built a wall of furniture, you scoundrels! That will definitely stop the police from killing you.
  • A little kid basically kept the revolution alive.
  • Why was a little kid in the middle of this anyways? That's really unsafe.
  • Oh, and the little kid has more cockney than Oliver Twist; it's awful.
  • Every singe word was sung in this musical. EVERY. WORD. I understand that it's a musical but god damn that was too much.
  • It's like five hours long.
Well, I don't want to keep going but yeah, the movie was alright.

Related Posts

2 comments

I loved this movie, but at some parts it was really intense. It's great though, I usually don't like musicals though. lol.

Balas

I like your blog! You have reviewed multiple movies that I have been meaning to watch and it's helpful. All of thee good things I've heard people say about Les Mis are listed in your pro's, and now I'm even more eager to watch it!

Balas